Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What to bake first...

The cooker countdown is well underway, it's less than a week before my lovely new cooker is fully up and running so now I have the big question of what to cook first.  It's a lovely decision to have.   Thinking ahead as ever, when we brought the oven over from the UK I also bought some new baking books!  I was able to get three books I'd had my eye on for ages from The Book People;

The Boy Who Bakes by Edd Kimber
Home Bake by Eric Lanlard
Tea with Bea by Bea's of Bloomsbury.

I also snuck in Miss Hope's Chocolate Box by Hope and Greenwood.



I've had plenty of time to study all three (sometimes while eating chocolates from Miss Hope's book) but now decision time is upon me - what to bake first?  All I can say at the moment is that over the next few weeks we're going to be eating rather a lot of cake, biscuits and tarts as I just can't decide.  So many delicious things to choose from.  Infact, as the weather is so good, I may just have to have another afternoon in the sun with the books to make a decision...

Meanwhile...I'm looking for suggestions as to what to cook to christen the new oven.  Feel free to send them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment