Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Biscuit weather

The calender says July but frankly the weather is still saying spring (looks like mid winter at times) and to me says curl up on the sofa and have a cup of tea.  Today I rather fancied a biscuit to go with that cup of tea.

Several weeks ago Mr Joe suprised me with a copy of Biscuit by Miranda Gore Browne who was a finalist on the first series of The Great British Bake Off.  As well as her beautiful biscuits I was also very taken with her shirts.  I'd gazed at the book longingly online long before it was published and obviously dropped quite a few unsubtle hints as to how good it looked!  Today seemed like a great day to try some of the recipes out.
Biscuit

It's a superb book, lots of different styles of biscuit and with beautiful photographs.  I love the stories that go with the recipes and there truly has to be a biscuit for every occasion - there's even a biscuit for adventures, who wouldn't want to make those?

I started with the Twirly-whirly biscuits, a chocolate and vanilla swirl biscuit and decided also to have a go at the Marmite morsels, yummy little Marmite and cheese mouthfuls.  The instructions were easy to follow and both sets of biscuits were very yummy indeed.  I even managed to take photographs before they were eaten.



One of the (many) great things about both these biscuits is that you can freeze some of the dough for a later date.  Don't get me wrong, Mr Joe and I we could easily have finished them all off in one sitting, but, so that our clothes still fit, it's probably not the best thing to do!

I can't wait to try more recipes, you never know, I might yet get to try some of the summer biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment